Target Waste – what's in it for you?
- Save your business money
- Save the environment
- Create a competitive advantage through sustainable business practice
- Generate pride in being an environmentally conscious business
1. Determine how much waste you produce and plan to reduce it
- Get weights of your rubbish and recycling being collected from your collection service provider
- How much do you pay to have waste removed?
- It is advisable to record and monitor the weight of waste being collected before you set up your waste reduction programme because this will give you a baseline to measure your progress against
2. Carry out a waste audit
- Measure the type and quantity of waste going to landfill
- Determine what waste can be reduced, reused and recycled
3. Separate waste and recycle
- For Commercial quantities
- For Domestic quantities
4. Find new homes for reusable materials through the Free Materials website
5. Compost kitchen food waste through a collection or onsite
6. Design out waste by developing new packaging, processes and products that reduce waste
Before starting your resource efficiency programme download The Path to Sustainability toolkit for a 7 step implementation Guide.
Apply for free Target Sustainability Consultancy services.